Friday, October 11, 2013

Finding Fiction Friday - RG Porter


RG Porter is an author of dark fantasy as well as horror and murder mysteries, all with a twist of the supernatural tossed in. For as far back as she can remember, she has always been drawn to coming up with wild adventures. Her dreams and nightmares just fueled her already creative juices.

R.G., welcome, talk to us a bit about your journey in writing.  What made you decide to write and eventually to try to publish? 

I’ve always told myself stories as I grew up. My imagination never stopped as a kid. As I got older, others told me I really should look at putting these stories down on paper. And thus began the journey to write my first novel.

We know what your bio says.  Tell us one thing about yourself that you think might surprise us. 

I play a lot of MMORPGs. I know many people think that a woman, especially an adult, could never play these games, but I love them. They are brilliant for fueling my imagination and allow me to put to image what I see in my head.

Do you remember what it was like, the feeling you had when you learned your first book was out there in the world? 

Excited and terrified. You put so much energy and hard work into getting it all right, that you hope others will enjoy what you’ve provided.

Let’s start with your “Darkness Unleashed” series.  Tell us a bit about that. 

That follows a group of people who come together to locate the source of an evil that has been unleashed from an enchanted sleep. They need to find the source and remove it from their world before everything is corrupted by the darkness forever.










What other books do you have out that you’d like to tell us about? 

I have a few different books out in varying genres. I have two horrors out (When Darkness Falls and Deadly Descent) as well as more Fantasy novels and a couple Paranormal Mysteries. I’ll give you a bit about a couple of them.

Deadly Descent: Think of 28 Weeks Later but with the twist of being stuck hundreds of feet below the ocean’s surface on a scientific lab.








Keepers of Water: First in my Guardians of Nature series. Two worlds exists on one planet. One is destroying nature by overuse of natural resources which is causing the destruction of the parallel world. A few from that world decide to take matters into their own hands.

Blood Betrayal: Samantha Stone is an ancient. She’s also a detective for a very special paranormal unit that investigates questionable deaths. This case is no different.









If there is one character you’ve written or are writing that you would really like people to meet, who would it be and from what book?

Most of my characters I love in their own quirky way, but if I had to choose one, I would probably say Sam Stone. She is strong, funny and can be quite sarcastic. She takes no crap from anyone but is the first to be there to find the truth for the victim.

What do you have coming up next?  Is it a sequel or something new? 

This is a new stand-alone horror. I LOVE ghost hunting (series, movies etc) and was inspired to write something of my own. Judgement is the fruits of that labor. I’m shooting for a release date of Oct 15th, barring any major hiccups.

What other ideas do you have bouncing around in your head? 

Too many to count. I have a few follow-up books I need to write as well as a few new horrors as well. There is an outline for the next horror titled Reflections of Evil as well as the next in the Guardians of Nature series.

What about being published and the book industry in general has most surprised you? 

The support out there for those wishing to go the indie route is immense. I started out with small publishers and never considered (or knew) about the indie route until a friend told me about her experiences. I have to say, though it is much harder work-wise, it is also quite fulfilling.

You’ve lived a lot of places, what is your favorite so far and why? 

I adored growing up in Kansas, however, I’m excited to move overseas down the line. My husband is from the UK and the times we’ve visited over there I’ve loved it. So ask me that in a few years and it will probably change. J

What other things besides writing do you have going on that keep you busy? 

I’ve just launched a new creative endeavor. I’ve branched out into the cover art business. My website just went live Oct 6. I’m a glutton for punishment J

To close the interview, I have ten questions for you, plus one.  Here they go!
  1. What is your favorite word? Dream
  2. What is your least favorite word? Failure
  3. What turns you on? Creatively, storms.
  4. What turns you off? Personally, rudeness.
  5. What sound or noise do you love? Thunder. It’s beyond relaxing.
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? Fire alarms going off. Talk about ear piercing.
  7. What is your favorite curse word? Bullocks (but only when hubby says it. Love the accent)
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I always wanted to work with animals. Maybe a marine biologist or something.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Trash collector.
  10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Welcome, come see your family.
  11. What question have you never been asked, that you wish someone would ask you? Have a big producer ask me if they could produce one of my books. J
R.G., thanks so much for spending time with us.  Can you let us know where to follow you, and where we can go to purchase your work?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patricia and I can also be followed here:    Facebook              Twitter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rudy and Trish are the main characters in our two published short stories in the "Evernight: Romance in a World of Darkness" anthologies.  You can get to know them as well as get 23 other great stories!  Here's where you can find them:

Evernight Volume 1:   Amazon       XoXo          ARe

Evernight Volume 2:   Amazon       XoXo          ARe

No comments:

Post a Comment