Friday, July 11, 2014

Finding Fiction Friday - Lisa Fox


Foxy ... Foxy Lady!  Lisa Fox is here on the blog to chat about her novel "One Kiss" and other adventures in writing ...

World-renowned neurosurgeon, jet fighter pilot, secret member of American royalty, seducer of legions of beautiful, outrageously sexy angels and demons and vampires and werewolves and the occasional pirate, Lisa Fox has done it all…in her own mind. In reality, she can generally be found at her desk with a cup of coffee close at hand. Or maybe a martini. It really depends on the day.


Thanks so much for having me over, Aaron!

Lisa, when did you first think about writing for publication? 

I always thought about writing for publication. That was always my goal.
Tell us one thing about yourself that you think might surprise us. 

I have no sense of direction. I ALWAYS get lost. I’ve lived in New York City most of my life, but I could get out of the subway tomorrow and turn in the wrong direction. Always. Without fail.

You have quite a few books under your belt, but first I’d like to ask about your latest release, “One Kiss”.  Tell us about this novella and where it came from. 

One Kiss is all about two friends who learn they might have more than strictly platonic feelings for one another after they share a New Year’s Eve midnight kiss.

As to where it came from… that’s like one of the most impossible questions to ever answer. Where do any stories come from? The gods? The ethers? The vast, unknowable universe? 

You’ve written contemporary, fantasy, and paranormal romance.  Do you have a favorite genre?  And is there really a big difference among the three from a writer’s perspective? 

I really do like them all. I don’t think there’s any real difference in writing the various genres either. No matter what I’m writing, I just keep in mind that every world has its own rules. As long as I stay true to them, the story works just fine.

If there is one character you’ve written or are writing that you would really like people to meet, who would it be and why? 

I’d love form them to meet all my characters! I think they’re interesting people. But if I had to pick only one, for now, I’d choose Ryan, the hero from my latest submission to Harper Impulse, A Kiss in the Dark. He’s young, full of energy, and he’d be a great guy to have cocktails with. 

What about being published and the book industry in general has most surprised you? 

How slow it moves sometimes. I really thought publication would be a whirlwind experience. It’s actually more akin to waiting for water to boil. 

Is there someone you can point to as being your biggest encouragement in moving forward with writing? 

I have so many people in my life who have always encouraged and supported me – far too many to list here. I am very blessed.

What other things do you have bouncing around in your head for the future? 

So much. The ideas never stop, you know?

So, I need to ask, and be honest – do you have an obsession with Hugh Jackman?  ;-) 

LOL! Just a little one. You know, totally tiny. Not what you would call an obsession or anything. Definitely not. 

To close the interview, I have ten questions for you, plus one.  Here they go!
  1. What is your favorite word? I go through phases with this. Right now I’m fond of persnickety. 
  2. What is your least favorite word? Failure
  3. What turns you on? Success. (And Hugh Jackman)
  4. What turns you off? Whining – even when I’m the one whining.  
  5. What sound or noise do you love? A bluesy guitar riff
  6. What sound or noise do you hate? The grinding of train wheels on metal tracks. The sound makes my teeth ache.
  7. What is your favorite curse word? Motherfucker
  8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’d love to be a rock star.
  9. What profession would you not like to do? Anything that requires a suit, a desk, and 70+ hours of my life every single week.
  10. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Don’t you have reservations elsewhere?
  11. What question have you never been asked, that you wish someone would ask you? Seriously though, how awesome was Charles Bukowski?
Lisa, thanks so much for spending time with us.  Can you let us know where to follow you, and where we can go to purchase your books? I am everywhere!

Email: lisa@lisafoxromance.com
Twitter: @LisaFoxRomance

No comments:

Post a Comment